A sewing blog about building a functional, cohesive handmade wardrobe, one garment at a time.

Sunday, December 29, 2019

Top 5 Misses of 2019

I did not have many misses this year. I had to dip into the sewing-for-kids section to round out my top 5! So I guess that's a good thing.


Without further ado, let me present my biggest fails of the year.


From left to right:

1. Simplicity 1369 skirt. I used a long-hoarded cotton faille but in the end, this pattern just wasn't for me. I never wore the skirt, but have kept it with the intention of trying to salvage the fabric, which I love.

2. Avid Seamstress Drop Sleeve Top. This one photographs well. Unfortunately, the fit was off enough that it was uncomfortable to wear. I also put it on several times only to take it off immediately, and it ended up being donated.

3. The aqua dress I made for my oldest. I liked this dress but she did not. She wore it once. I didn't seek her input at all when I made it, and I guess the days of being able to do that have officially passed.

4. Gold self-drafted tee This tee would have been fine, except the fabric was utter crap and it shrank about eight inches in the wash. I thought I had prewashed it - and maybe I did - but apparently not enough.

You're thinking, Masha, you said you had five misses and you've only shown us four in your collage.

5. Well, I made a color-blocked tee from the same self-drafted pattern as fail #4 - but I must have messed up when I hacked the pattern to color-block it. It didn't fit right and I never finished it, let alone photograph it.

I'll be back in the new year with my long, detailed, chart-illustrated 2019 sewing introspective. So stay tuned if you like that sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I am so happy you came by. Thanks for your comment!