But enough about May (at least, until tomorrow). This post is about April. It was a busy month with Easter, two weekend trips and my older daughter's spring ballet show, but I still managed to knock out a few things, including a shirt for my husband, which has been on my sewing list since we bought the fabric for it in October.
2) Bow tie for G using this tutorial and scraps. Completed 4/4.
4) Fairfield Button-Up as a birthday gift for J. I used 2.5 yards cotton shirting purchased in October to make this shirt. Completed 4/22. Will be blogged soon.
5) Four bodice muslins for a pattern test I'm doing. 88" used of an old sheet. Completed 4/23.
I also took in the waist and hips of my houndstooth Alberta Street skirt, which has been bothering me all year because it was just too big in those areas. It took me less than an hour and I feel like I have a whole new item of clothing in my closet.
4/21: I bought 5.33 yards of fabric to make elf costumes for my girls and my niece. I'm not sure whether they will be helping me with the sewing or not. All of it was bought at Joann's - one cut of sale yardage, and the rest from the remnant bin.
Fabric in: 5.33 yards
Fabric out: 7.75 yards
Fabric in YTD: 60.58 yards
Fabric out YTD: 48.23 yards