I sewed most of these clothes months ago when I was in super-nesting mode, but I left most of the knit items unfinished due to frustration with my machine's refusal to hem the thin jerseys. Bolstered by my knit sewing successes during KCW, I finally pulled them out and finished them. I had limited myself to stash fabrics (with a special emphasis on using up small scraps) for the gender-neutral newborn layette, and here is what I came up with. Fabric from Girl Charlee.
This t-shirt and pants both from the same Simplicity 5136 pattern. The pants (which are supposed to be 0-3 month size) look particularly huge so I don't know how they will fit for a newborn. This wasn't meant to be a matching set - again, stash remnants (almost all from Girl Charlee)! The hat pattern is my own.
This cloud fabric is a soft and comfy modal/cotton/lycra blend hat my machine really did not enjoy sewing.
These swaddles are from a free Lotta Jansdotter pattern. I made the owl print one first but it seemed small so I lengthened the pattern for the second swaddle. The outers are woven cotton prints and the inners are soft cotton knit.
My oldest loved swaddles, but the other two hated them, so I'm not sure how much use these will get.
Don't mind the wrinkles, they've been rolled up in a basket for months.