I didn't have time to draft a new size of my other go-to trouser patterns, so I decided to use the O+S Sunny Day Shorts pattern (size 3T) with added length. When I tried the unhemmed pants on him the morning of the trip, I didn't like how they looked, so I threw them into the WIP basket, where they sat for two and a half months.
During KCW I finally hemmed them (that is all that was left to do!), and I'm actually quite pleased with the result. I don't really remember what my beef was with the fit of the pants back in February - maybe they were too big. He has grown a bit lately.
I cut the pieces from a scrap of heavy-weight houndstooth shirting (at least, that is what Robert Kaufman calls it; feels more bottom-weight to me) left over from my Amish Washi Dress.
I added front and back pockets, and lengthened the pattern. I didn't get a photo of the pocket linings, but they are gray-and-white gingham.
He is is a big fan of the front pockets.
I like the houndstooth pattern a lot for a little boy.
It dresses up for church, but it also looks great with sneakers and a t-shirt - it kind of has a funky skater feel to it when styled more casually.
Hi ho Silver!