So I did what any sane pregnant woman with a sewing habit would do. I got out of bed, went down to the sewing cave with my one pair of hand-me-down baby socks and made a quick pattern from it. Then I sorted through my knit scraps (because you need, like, no fabric to make these) and assembly lined them out.
They aren't perfect - they have this sort of weird ducky-foot shape. I don't love the seam up the back of the cuff. I initially tried to attach the cuff differently first by sewing it into a circle and then seaming that to the top of the sock. Trust me when I say that was way too fiddly for 1 a.m. and possibly for any time. These cuffs are only 3.5" in circumference! You might notice that the navy polka-dotted pair has two different cuffs. I sewed one of them right sides together by accident - again, 1 a.m. By the time I noticed it, everything was serged together and I wasn't about to unpick that seam. 1 a.m.
And yes, one of those pairs is pink. I found the pink polka-dotted scrap and couldn't resist making them. Mama intuition about the gender? I guess we'll see.
This weekend I also made a swaddle blanket out of the same double gauze I used for this Lullaby Layette set.
I cut the blanket 48" square and finished the edges with a narrow hem.
I made a quick wonky star appliqué using the reverse side of the gauze.
It's very soft and light.
Finally, I made two more pieces of nursing sleepwear from the Sweet Blossom Lingerie pattern - a gown and a camisole. I shortened the straps on the gown, thinking that would add more support, but honestly it just makes my back hurt a little bit to wear it. Not the best move. I made the camisole using a yard of cotton/lycra jersey I bought a couple of years ago and then had no idea what to do with. I fully lined the backs of the garments and partially lined the fronts.