A sewing blog about building a functional, cohesive handmade wardrobe, one garment at a time.

Friday, January 4, 2019

Top 5 Hits of 2018


Though the move to South America hampered my sewing production somewhat, I think what I did make was fairly successful.  2018 was, in particular, the year of the dress for me. Counting my pinafores, I made seven dresses this year, and three of them are in my top 5.


Both Lisette Portfolio dresses made the cut. They got a lot of wear this year and I have really enjoyed having them in my wardrobe. 



I also really enjoyed my Calyer Pants. After the below photo was taken, I ended up elasticizing the hems, which made me like them even more. They got a lot of wear in the spring and summer before the rayon gave out and I tore a large hole in them. If I remake them in rayon, I'll need to add a bit more ease.


I've worn both my Bobbins and Buttons pinafores a good amount this year, but I think the black is my favorite.



Finally, there's this tote bag that I made up as I went along.  I loved it so much, but ended up giving it to my sister after she admired it, thinking I'd make myself another sometime in the future. I still miss it, but I haven't made any attempts to remake it. I think that's because, as successful as it turned out, I don't really like making up my own sewing patterns. I'll need to find a tote bag pattern with all the features I want and just buy it, before trying this again.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous sewing year!

    As for the tote bags, take a look at Emmaline bags, Swoon or Bagstock patterns. All have great tote patterns with accurate drafting with good instructions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kay! I will check them out.

      Delete

Hi! I am so happy you came by. Thanks for your comment!