I had just enough denim from my skirt left over to make hers. It is a cotton/poly blend that I got on sale from Joann's with the intentions of making pants. It's quite drapey for denim, which I think is actually very nice for this pattern. I sewed up a size 6 graded to a 10 waist based on A's measurements. It was quite enlightening to measure her, actually, as I would have assumed she was a straight size. She is slim, and looks very proportionate - the type of figure that I would assume has it easy fitting RTW sizes. Not so at all, though - because of the difference between her waist and hips, she often has trouble with gaping waistbands. It was a pleasure to sew this for her because I could tell from our first fitting, how grateful she was to have a garment that fit her exactly the way she wanted.
The sewing of this garment was straightforward, as I had sewn it up twice before. I was working from the final version of the pattern, though, which has notches on the skirt panel pieces (the tester version did not have notches), and I cut some of the notches slightly too long, thinking that I had a 5/8" seam allowance to work with. I neglected to take into account that the flat-felled seams meant that some of the seam allowances would be visible. Luckily I was able to make it work, but if you are making this pattern, be sure to be sparing with fabric when you cut the notches - I wouldn't cut them wider than a scant 1/4".
Once again I used Dritz Heavy Duty Snaps and found them easy to work with. I was unable to put belt loops on this one because my sewing machine just would not sew them on. I couldn't figure out what the problem was, as I had made myself this exact skirt in this exact fabric, but then I realized that I had accidentally interfaced both waistband pieces. Oops. So the waistband is extra-firm, but A doesn't mind. I also added a hidden snap between the second and third snaps from the top - if you look carefully in the photo above you can see where it is. There is just a bit of pulling in that area, so I probably should have graded the pattern lines a bit differently, but it looks good on and doesn't feel tight on her.
Since I got this skirt sewn up, I've been sewing up a lot of knits for my kids, and haven't been successful in getting photos of them, thus the month-long blog silence. I am hoping to cut a new pair of jeans for myself after I finish the pile of kid knits on my sewing table, so hopefully I'll see you back here relatively soon.
Until then, thanks for reading!