I wore my new tshirt to church on Sunday so that we could take some photos on the way home. This city definitely offers some interesting backdrops.
My husband is getting better with his photo composition, but today I realized that I need to tell him to look critically at the clothes and tell me, for example, that my skirt is lopsided (that seam is parallel to the hem, I swear). Or that I'm pulling one side of my striped shirt down with my hand so the stripes look wonky when I assure you they are not.
I actually made the skirt two years ago out of old jeans. But now that I am thinner I need to take in the waistband a bit so it doesn't go lopsided when I wear it.
I also didn't realize that I was wearing my hair draped over my shoulders in every picture until I got home and saw that there was not one good photo of the neckline. So I had to resort to bathroom pictures after putting the baby to bed. Man, I look tired. It was a long weekend.
So we have a little to work on, when it comes to photos.
But back to the pattern. I guess this is now officially a TNT pattern for me. My final fit adjustment was as follows: I cut a straight 40 for the back. For the front, I cut a 40 in the shoulders, and graded out to a 42 at the bottom of the armscye, then continued as a 42 all the way down, but with 40 length. I cut a 40 neckband and a 42 sleeve. I am very happy with the fit, so I'm done tweaking. Yay!
I used a cotton/lycra from Girl Charlee. It is very comfy and silky, but the fabric did pill a bit after I prewashed it (six times). For the neckband I used a purple rayon-lycra from Joann's. It doesn't quite match - but I wanted a solid neckband and it did not occur to me until afterwards that I could have done so with my striped fabric if I had done a little math and centered the purple stripe under the pattern piece. I really love the color combination, and I will definitely wear this a lot, but after looking at it some more I think maybe thinner stripes are more flattering on me.
Not much else to say about this one. Love it!