I only had a yard of it, and after I aggressively washed and dried it six times, that yard became less than 30 inches. (Yes, six times through the washer and dryer. I hate when knits shrink after they are already sewn up, so I often will put them through the wringer before even cutting into them.) I managed to squeeze a 18-24 month envelope tee and 2T sleeping johns out of the yard and I even have a little leftover for appliques later on. For the trim, I went against good judgment and used some cotton interlock. Even though the fabrics don't match, or even really coordinate, I really love how they look together. But of course, the interlock doesn't have as much recovery as you need for a good neck binding. I figure it's just pajamas, it will be fine.
The pieces sewed up really quickly. The sleeping johns pattern has just one pattern piece, of which you cut two mirror images. I added the leg cuffs because I wanted to have some of the trim on the pants too. They are nice and roomy for a cloth diaper.
I tucked a folded over scrap of knit in the back waistband so that my husband would know which way they go on. I didn't use ribbon because I wanted it to be really soft.
In this photo you can see that there are tiny bright teal dots sprinkled here and there throughout the print. I think they would really pop if I had a bright teal knit to use for the trims.
I kind of love these pjs. They are so soft. I want a pair for me. I hope that all my pre-shrinking means they won't shrink much more, so that they will last through the fall. The pants are definitely long enough; he might outgrow the top, though. Maybe I should order some more of the fabric ...