A sewing blog about building a functional, cohesive handmade wardrobe, one garment at a time.

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Velvet Building Block Dress

So, at some point I will get back to posting full blog posts on this blog. Right now I am a little bit snowed under. And I guess we're also preparing for an international move in less than three months, so perhaps it will take a bit longer to recover.



But for today, I'm over at the Oliver + S blog again, with a post about a velvet dress my daughter and I designed using the Building Block Dress book. The book comes with a base girls' dress pattern, and lots of instructions for altering your desired design. It's really a lifesaver for me, since my daughter always has very specific demands, and I really don't enjoy hacking patterns.

This dress was also the fulfillment of one of my 2019 sewing goals: to sew something more involved for a child, like I used to. I used a velvet that I found at the remnant shop before Christmas.

Go check out the post for more pics and sizing details.



1 comment:

  1. I love it! It turned out so well! I bet it twirls beautifully too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I am so happy you came by. Thanks for your comment!