2) Matryoshka doll tote. I used about 2.25 yards from deep stash to make this bag, plus a stashed zipper. I did have to buy some interfacing. To be blogged soon. Completed 3/8.
3) My girls sewed a couple of things (felt-backed dolls and a little reversible purse) from the leftover fabrics from my tote bag, which took out another 1/2 + 1/3 of a yard. Yes, it counts for my fabric in/out tally! Completed 3/9.
7) Four pairs of Playtime Leggings for the girls. I cut a size 7 with the length of an 8. Width good for Z and a little loose for N. The length was just right for Z and too short for N. Had to add 2" of length with cuffs for N. I used up 1 2/3 yards of ponte and 3/4 yard of pink cotton/lycra jersey from the stash. Completed 3/29.
MENDING: I patched a pair of pants for G, fixed holes in two pairs of Natasha's leggings, took in a skirt for Natasha, and took up the shoulders of a RTW dress for Z.
March 10: 2 yards liturgical brocade for altar boy sticharion.
March 13: 2 yards pink poly crepe from Amazon to complete my Simplicity 8166 dress. $8.50. I only paid for 1 yard of this fabric, and I didn't actually end up using it on my dress because UPS temporarily lost my package. In the interim, I was sent a second yard, but not soon enough, so I ended up deciding to just make my whole dress blue. Not sure what I will do with the two yards of fabric, maybe another Simplicity 1377 shell.
This month I was able to keep my fabric buying down primarily by not stalking fabric web sites on the daily. But thanks to these monthly round-ups, I also knew exactly how much fabric I had already purchased in 2018, and I already have a mental list of about four things to sew for next month that I already have fabric for. I found this knowledge very helpful in resisting some pretty shirting one day when I did check out FabricMart's site.
March Fabric In: 4
March Fabric Out: 14.08 yards
Year-to-date Fabric In: 55.25
Year-to-date Fabric Out: 40.5 yards