Another week, another Bonn. (Don't worry, I've decided that after this one, I should probably crack open a different button-down shirt pattern as I round out my fall and winter wardrobe.) The newest horse in my stable is made out of what appears to be a cotton/linen blend shirting I recently ordered from FabricMart.
This one is a size 10DD with a 1 1/8" forward shoulder adjustmen. Both the body and the sleeves are lengthened 1.5" and point of the V neckline is an inch lower. Now, maybe because of the lower-v and the forward shoulder, the neckline isn't as open as I'd like and I notice that the back neckline is just a bit too wide. I am thinking of reducing the length of the neckline and collar (ok, maybe I will make another one sooner than I had thought).
Like on my last two Bonns, the bust darts are an inch shorter and an inch lower, and the sleeves are a size 10 with a 1.5" full bicep adjustment. I find on this one that the sleeves are a little too voluminous below the elbow. I think they look great rolled up, though (and the extra volume makes a neat roll a little bit easier).
I ended up hemming the shirt with self-fabric bias binding. I did have to redo it once, as I had forgotten to clip the seam allowance before turning it up, but once I did that, the hem fell flatter than the hems on any of my previous Bonns (though still not completely flat, grrr). I just can't seem to figure out how to hem a curved shirt tail satisfactorily.
Also, I want to note for future Masha that this shirt used up 64 inches of a 57" wide fabric.
Like my other Bonns, this one is sure to be a regular in my fall and winter rotation. It's not actually warm enough to wear it yet (and I'm totally ok with that), but I imagine I'll be reaching for it in a few weeks.