As for my most recent long-sleeved Renfrews, I cut a size 10 shoulder graded to a 16 and did a 1/2" forward shoulder adjustment. I shaved 1/2" off the outer shoulder and 1/2" off the side seam at the top to deal with some excess fabric I always seem to have in the armpit, and I lengthened the top and the sleeve because I didn't want to use bands.
I couldn't be more thrilled with the results. While it took me a little while to puzzle out how to sew the neckband, once I figured it out, it was pretty easy. I normally construct knits entirely on my serger, but I found that in order to get a nice, sharp mitered point to my v, I needed to stitch about 1.5" on either side of the v's point using my sewing machine. After that, I serged starting at the point, going around the neckline and ending by serging over the point again. Then I wove in my serger tail and, voila, perfect v-neck!
I think the shape and depth of the v on this pattern is perfect. I decided that I wanted a wider band on the white tee, more like my husband's undershirts, so I sewed the band on with a smaller seam allowance.
All the fabrics are stash from Fabric Mart. The navy and white fabrics were listed as cotton/lycra jersey, but the navy one feels like it also has some poly in it, and the white definitely has some rayon. The small stripe is a rayon/lycra. I'm pretty psyched about the stripe placement on the neckline of that one.
It's nice to have some v-neck tees back in my closet. I only completed them a few weeks ago but they've all already been worn multiple times. Thanks for reading and see you next time!