A sewing blog about building a functional, cohesive handmade wardrobe, one garment at a time.

Friday, August 21, 2015

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo

A few weeks ago I received a lovely package in the mail.


The package was from our sewing fairy godmother, a sweet lady who wanted to do something to help during our time of hardship, and it was filled to bursting with gorgeous clothing sewn from Oliver + S patterns.


Four perfect little bucket hats.



Reversible for fickle beachcombers.




Two adorable Puppet Show dresses.



With matching shorts.



A dapper Sketchbook set (which I somehow managed to leave out of the vacation suitcases).


And a fully lined Lullaby bodysuit in breezy seersucker,


Perfect stripe matching across the snaps.


And on the side seams.


There were even some lovely gifts for me - a beautiful pair of embroidery scissors with a handmade beaded fob, a handmade pincushion and a box of pins.


We are thoroughly spoiled!

8 comments:

  1. Lucky you! It must have been a great pleasure to open that box and say 'oh' every time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fantastic! You completely deserved a treat for you and your family. Your newest addition has a beautiful smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a thoughtful and generous gift package! I must compliment your 'fairy godmother' on her beautiful sewing. Baby and kids look adorable in their new outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!!!! What an incredible package! How thoughtful! This sewing community, I tell ya. Filled with so many amazing people. Also, your daughter with the two braids looks exactly like you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! Everyone says she is my mini me :)

      Delete
  5. this is such a nice package. how thoughtful and well received :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This makes my heart so warm, what a kind and generous person.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I am so happy you came by. Thanks for your comment!