A sewing blog about building a functional, cohesive handmade wardrobe, one garment at a time.

Sunday, December 1, 2019

November 2019

I did a lot of traveling in November (see my travel wardrobe capsule posts here), which didn't leave much time for sewing. But I also managed to refrain from buying fabric, so that was good at least.

Projects Completed:

One of my flights was a red-eye, so the morning of the trip, I quickly made a velvet sleep mask from the Tilly and the Buttons free pattern. I can't really claim any fabric used since the project is so small though.




A Liesl + Co. Gelato Blouse. This one will be blogged eventually. I made a few cutting mistakes, so I used 2.83 yards of a flannel plaid that has been in the stash at least two years, and which I first used for a pair of kid pajamas blogged here.


A Liesl + Co. Metro T-Shirt with turtleneck modification. I squeezed this one out of 1 yard of stashed rayon/lycra by putting cuffs on the sleeves and cutting a smaller turtleneck than I had planned. Will be blogged.

Liesl + Co. Metro T-Shirt with turtleneck hack.

Alterations:

I took in three of my Renfrew cowl neck tops before my trip to the U.S.

I took in the polka dotted ponte one about 1/2" through the side seams; the navy French Terry one about 3/4" all the way through the side seam and a few inches down the sleeve; and the striped rayon jersey on 1" all the way up through the side seam, tapering to 0 a few inches down the sleeve. Here's the striped one, before and after:


Fabric purchases:

None.

Fabric In/Out:

November Fabric In: 0 yards.
November Fabric Out: 3.83 yards.
YTD Fabric In: 90.54 yards.
YTD Fabric Out: 103.32 yards.

3 comments:

  1. It is so helpful to see your fabric in/out total. Also, very intrigued to hear about how you eked a turtleneck out of 1 yard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great month and those totals are looking good!

    I love that turtleneck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you, I bought almost no fabric in November and used only a couple yards. Like you, I'm neck and neck for in/out at this point. I was really hoping to make a deeper dent in my enormous stash! Oh well!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I am so happy you came by. Thanks for your comment!