So, yeah, it doesn't really look like a Gallery Tunic.
But on to the nitty gritty. I used the same sizing mods for this one as on my first Gallery Tunic. I cut a size 8 with an FBA, the body being widened to a 16. The sleeve is also adjusted for a fuller bicep.
Once I realized I had made a mistake in cutting the front as two pieces rather than as one on the fold, I decided to just interface and fold the front edges to the wrong side to create a button placket. The original pattern includes a 1" pleat at the bust, which then hangs free below the bust. So I made each placket 1" and topstitched them down. As you can see above, I didn't bother making buttonholes where I knew I wouldn't fasten the buttons. The placket looks like it's angled at the top but it actually is completely straight.
The back yoke was another easy modification. I lined the yoke via the burrito method and I really like the added detail of the bias-cut yoke at the back. Although I was careful in my handling, and stay-stitched all necklines, I still ended up with some stretching at the back, as you can see below. That will pretty much always be covered by my hair, though, and I can't see it, so it's ok :)
All in all, I'm quite happy with the way this shirt turned out. For being super-lightweight, it's quite warm, and just the slightest bit scratchy, which makes me wonder whether there is any wool content. I don't remember a wooly smell when I washed the fabric, though that was actually a couple of years ago ...
My single gripe with this shirt is the fact that it seems to highlight my bust in a way that my first Gallery does not. I wonder whether this is because of my back yoke - the shirt is a little tighter across the bust than the first Gallery. I may need to widen the bottom of the yoke a bit if I make this one again ... and like the first time I made the Gallery, I'm not certain I will try again. But you never know.
Thanks for reading, and see you next time!