I sewed another Izzy Top yesterday. The yoke was cut from more scraps of Little Folks voile and the skirt is a slubby linen of remnant bin origin. I did not seek her input on fabric choice - the first time in awhile I have gambled so - but she liked it and wanted to wear it immediately. It is cold here today, though, hence the layering. I would have chosen different items ... but you win some, you lose some.
This linen looked awful when I gathered it. I guess it is too set in its ways to gather docilely, so I pleated it instead - four pleats in the front and an inverted box pleat in the back.
I made my button-loop modification again, and finally found a use for this adorable button I bought a couple years ago without a purpose in mind.
I did try to modify the pattern to produce a clean inside finish, but it is going to be a little trickier than I had thought - I have to make modifications while sewing the bodice pieces together.
I do have two more of these cut out but I'm not sure when I will get to them - I am blogging from my bed where I am laying sick, feeling as though someone hit me repeatedly with a baseball bat all night, so KCW Day 3 will definitely be a bust.