All this is to say that Zoia was in dire need of new sleepwear. Her nightgown from last year still fits well, as do the ones I made the year before, but she wanted some short pjs. I made these using the Oliver+S Field Trip Raglan pattern (size 3T plus length) and the Oliver+S Playtime Leggings pattern. I modified the leggings pattern by shortening it, and drawing the inseam straight down to make some extra room.
The cotton thermal knit was acquired dirt cheap from Girl Charlee last year. It was advertised as containing spandex and having "fantastic recovery." Sadly I am not finding that to be the case and am glad I did not attempt to use self-fabric for the neckband as the web site suggested. I really don't think there is any Lycra in there at all. It works fine for the main fabric in the pjs, though.
I forewent hemming in favor of a rolled lettuce edge on my serger. The whole set took me about 40 minutes including cutting fabric, and 10 minutes of that was setting up my serger for the rolled edge and then finishing it. And ... done!